Gallery: Australian workers stage silent #ReclaimTheLine demonstrations
Powerful scenes witnessed as workers from a variety of industries hold silent protests in dozens of locations across Australia.Advertisements
REPORT THIS AD
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on LinkedIn (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
Mass vaccine coercion has arrived in Australia, with tens of thousands of workers from a variety of industries all facing looming mandate deadlines and the possibility of losing employment.
After almost half a month of straight protests, Australians were back at it again.
This time, as part of #ReclaimTheLine nationwide strikes — held to support workers including teachers, police, paramedics, aged-care workers, health care workers, firefighters, construction workers, airline staff, miners, truck drivers and more.
Check out the events below:
The nationwide strike was held in two formats: A physical demonstration in person, and for those who could not make it for any reason, an online media drive to get the message across.
All workers were encouraged to write down their profession and support for the campaign, with many taking part to share stories of being silenced, coerced and more:
The following are official recaps provided by the main group Telegram channel — capturing both the message of the protests and some powerful scenes witnessed:
Workers from all industries wore white colours, with labelled professions, to the demonstrations:
TOTT News shows you an on-the-ground look at the demonstrations.