In the public interest.
Violent video games simulates violence through military applications teaching children that this is power, invincible, control, fun yet the reality on the ground it is disgusting, horrific and hell on earth. A soldier told me this. he was not glorifying the butchering of civilians, so-called enemies in the name of winning or the side of good. Both sides think they are on the side of good. I thought of parents last night and how they feel when their child is murdered. How is killing heroic.
Imagine if children could be exposed to games where they learn to problem solve ecological collapse. Where they learn how to deal with life threatening bullying (read about a boy on the point of suicide through taunting by other boys telling him to kill himself). How about games that reframe peace as a issue that is a true testimony of courage in the face of violence. I recall Scott Ritter Senior Weapons Inspector in Iraq (CIA) tell the audience that the most courageous people were the pacifists as they face danger without arms. Anyone can hold a gun and force others to comply, but what about standing there without anything and asking for dialogue, conflict resolution and sharing perspectives in order to find a solution to the impasse. I used to watch the fighting and wonder why can’t we talk? I am still asking the same question today. I am asking it of you.
This gaming website let’s the kids play for free. I saw the intro on YouTube and I can see it simulates training for killing. Don’t think for one minute when kids repetitively engaging in actions and intentions to kill it doesn’t change them, I can assure you it does. It will not prepare them for the hard work of peace and resolution of conflict which requires meeting in the middle. There is no win/lose only win win. That is the world I feel, touch, see and manifest as a peacemaker. I feel it in my soul. Before I get ridden off as a peacenik my ex partner was a solider and I met many of the military refuseniks and those in Israel trying to dialogue with people around nonviolence. I also met soldiers traumatised from killing children, unable to shake the horrific memory. I travelled the world and visited Gandhi’s ashram and saw the real courage in daring to care and facing death without the desire to hit back. This is where summary executions stop, targeting stops, torture stops, murder stops, domestic violence stops, bullying stops. This is the power of real love as they are me.
I won’t be crossing out anything, I include everything even these games, as we are to learn how to really love children by freeing them to have their own games, their own imagination and their own talents to go into life unafraid, not fearing enemies everywhere. To love them is to free them from fear through facing it for real.
Play for Free About Join CROSSOUT, the post-apocalyptic MMO Action game! Craft your unique battle machines from a myriad of interchangeable parts, ride them directly into combat and destroy your enemies in explosive PvP online battles!
- Unique vehicles, crafted by players using a wide range of available parts: from nimble buggies to heavily tracked off-road vehicles or combat platforms on antigrav fields.
- Complete freedom of creativity and thousands of possible combinations: Create vehicles of any shape using a wide range of parts, with a wide variety of armour and weapons to help support your arsenal.
- Advanced damage model: destroy any part of an enemy vehicle and it will affect the machine’s performance immediately.
- A huge arsenal of weapons: From chainsaws to power-drills, machine guns to rocket launchers, and a wide range of variety including flying drones and stealth generators.
- Your own workshop: create new and advanced parts, and auction them at the in-game marketplace.
- Trading options between players: every piece that you have gathered in battle can be sold to other players.
- Choose your own battle strategy: Apart from victory, the only thing that matters is your Survival!
PvE MISSIONS WITH PLAYER-CREATED BOSSES
- Besides PvP combat, join PvE missions where you can fight against AI driven enemies.
- With enough experience, you are also able to design and construct your own giant full metal monsters, Leviathans, to fight with other players in special PvE battles.
CHOOSE YOUR FACTION While you are getting experience from battles, you will also improve your standing with your faction, unlocking new parts, accessing new blueprints, missions and storage space. Choose the one to join!
System requirements MINIMUM
Operating system: Windows® 7 64 – BIT / Windows® 8 64 – BIT / Windows® 10 64 – BIT
CPU: 4-core processor
RAM: 4 GB (8 GB for integrated graphics cards like INTEL HD GRAPHICS)
Graphics card: INTEL HD GRAPHICS 500 series / AMD RADEON HD 7000 series / NVIDIA GEFORCE 500 series
Hard disk space: 7 GB
Broadband Internet connection
Operating System: Windows® 7 64 – BIT / Windows® 8 64 – BIT / Windows® 10 64 – BIT
CPU: Intel Core™ i5 OR AMD RYZEN
RAM: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GEFORCE 960 or higher / AMD R9 280 or higher
Hard disk space: 10 GB
Broadband Internet connection